Thursday, 6 September 2012

Sleek Blemish Balm




With the seemingly huge amount of BB creams that have hit the market over the last year, I for one have found it something of a challenge to find one that I felt would work for me.  I have sampled different brands here and there, but have just never been tempted to buy one.  I'm quite difficult to please when it comes to foundations, as once I have found one which works for me, I don't tend to switch to anything else.  However when I read about Sleek's offering to the BB cream world, I was really keen to try it.  The main reason was due to it claiming to be a 'full coverage' blemish balm - I have quite uneven skin and so coverage is a very important element for me when considering a new foundation. 

The first thing I love about Sleek's BB Cream is the packaging. I love it's simple, 'sleek' (ha ha) look and the size of the tube - you get 50mls of product which I feel is very generous.  The consistency of the balm is very thick, as you can see from the images below, I have a very small amount on the back of my hand and you can see how far this spreads.



I have oily/combination skin, and I find this does sit really nicely on my skin.  The coverage is good, akin to my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, so I would class one layer as medium coverage. For me personally, to achieve full coverage requires two layers, however I found on me it looked a little 'cakey.' It leaves a slightly dewy finish, and I found I didn't need to powder straight away, however after about 4 hours I looked a little shiny, but nothing terrible and nothing a little powder can't sort.

The only downside I have to give for this product is the colour.  Their are four options, Fair, Light, Medium and Dark. I opted for Light, which has actually turned out to be too dark for me. It is ok when I have just fake tanned my face, the match is pretty good.  However I wouldn't be able to wear this without having pre-tanned my face first, unless I mix it with a light foundation.  I also find that the colour of the product when wet (as soon as it comes out of the tube) and the colour once it is on my face and 'dry' is dramatically different; it goes much darker once it is applied to the face.

Overall, I really like this BB cream. I think I am going to purchase the 'Fair' shade as now Autumn is drawing nearer, I don't tend to go as deep with my tan.  However for £8.99, I feel the price is very reasonable, especially for the amount of product you get :)

S x

2 comments:

  1. Loverly blog, followed :)

    Clairemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much! It really means a lot :)

    x

    ReplyDelete