Saturday, 22 September 2012

September Glossybox


 Clockwise from left: Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance, Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum and 5 Minute Facial, Vichy Idealia Day Care Cream, Maghrabian Hair Oil, Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream


So my September Glossybox has finally arrived! It feels like ages since I received Augusts' one (which I admit I was slightly let down by and hence didn't review) but this month has perked me up again! It is also a special edition box designed by Maggie Li, and look how adorable it is!
Although there are no full size products in this months box, there is a generous selection of items which I have been trying out and really enjoying.  The Lady Gaga 'Fame' fragrance is quite interesting. I had read about it and the fact that it was a black liquid which sprays clear was something which I found really intriguing.  The scent is quite nice, I don't love it, and hence won't be buying the full size version, but it is pleasant, and quite florally (is that even a word!)  I actually like being sent small perfume samples like this as they are so easy to just keep in your bag whenever you fancy a quick spritz.  I have so many rolling around right now in my handbag, and it just makes it so much easier than taking a whole bottle out with you.
The Maghrabian hair oil is quite nice too. It's very delicately scented, and although the oil comes out the bottle quite thick, it goes onto the hair without a trace of residue, and helps reduce the appearance of dryness.  I've tried a lot of hair oils and this one really does feel high quality.  I'm not sure whether I'd splash out £13 for the 50ml bottle, but I'll see how I feel once I've used it a few times!
But now onto the three products which I really like from this months box.



The Vichy Idealia Day Cream is really lovely.  It's got a delicate fragrance, and the consistency is quite thick, something which I really like, especially as the weather is getting cooler I like to wear a moisturiser with a bit more thickness to it.  It claims to smooth and illuminate the skin.  The smoothing part I agree with, it makes my complexion appear slightly more even, and almost acts as a primer, making my foundation look even and preventing it from sinking into my pores.  The illuminating part, I'm not so sure, but I'm not disappointed. To be honest I've tried a few 'illuminating' products and they've never really made much difference to my skin.  I only wish this contained an SPF, as that really is a key selling point to me when buying a moisturiser!




Now I'm not the sort of individual who tries to always use 'natural' products, however I am becoming more and more aware of what I am using on my skin.  The Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream is an example of such natural products, and it claims to sooth tired eyes, smooth away dark shadows and reduce the appearance of fine lines.  I mentioned in my previous post that I am noticing fine lines beginning to appear around my eyes, so any product which claims to reduce them is always good for me!  This product really is lovely on the skin.  It's a cream, but when applied it almost feels gel-like, cooling and sinking into the skin with no trace or residue.  It also does reduce the fine lines around my eyes - in fact they virtually disappear when I apply this! 




I've heard of both these Rodial products before, but never thought to try them due to the price tag.  However I was pleased to receive two samples of both the 5 minute facial and the Glamoxy snake serum.  The 5 minute facial is a triple action resurfacing gommage clay mask, which is soothing on the skin and made my skin feel super soft after using it.  I used to use masks all the time, but stopped recently for some reason. Using this product has given me a new incentive to try out face masks again. I particularly love clay based masks as I find them to be most gentle on my slightly sensitive skin.
The snake serum is also impressive.  It applies smoothly and sinks into the skin without a trace. Having been getting into using facial serums recently, I am always happy to receive samples to try, as there are just so many options available on the market that it can be difficult to know which one to go for.  However, the price tag of £29 for just 10ml of product is something which puts me off slightly. I need to get a better job!


Have you received your Glossybox? What do you think about the products?

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment