Saturday, 25 August 2012

A new skincare routine...







It has been ages since my last post, due to a combination of having a broken laptop and working 6 day weeks, which well and truly ran me to the ground! Thankfully my hours have dropped to a 4 day week so I now have time to catch up on important things and just generally give me a chance to sort my life out!

I recently decided to try a new exfoliator within my skincare regime, as I was getting a bit bored, as I do. I absolutely love my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, but for some reason, despite a product being amazing, I am always tempted to try out something different! When having a browse around Boots the other week, I noticed that the Botanics range had quite large reductions on all of their products, and so I had a look to see if there was anything that took my fancy.  I ended up walking away with two items, a 'superbalm', which I shall review separately, and the Microdermabrasion Polish. Part of their 'Radiant Skin' range, it is definately a product targeted at those interested in anti-aging, which even though I am beginning to feel a bit old, I know that at 22 I'm not necessarily their target market right now!  However when I read the back of the product, I knew that this would be something I just had to try.

It's very thick and the grains (not sure if that is the right word!) are very fine, which is a combination I love, as I feel it is doing a really deep exfoliation of my skin without feeling too rough.  This product has definately helped to refine my pores, as well as keeping my skin feeling super soft. And it's super value for money, as you only need to use a very small amount and the tube is a very generous 120ml.

The second addition to my skincare regime is the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, which I received in my August Glossybox.  I have always wanted to try out a facial oil, but just never knew which one to go for. And in al honestly, the ones I have looked into have always been a bit pricey, and I never want to risk wasting money on something that dosn't work for me (times are hard at the moment!)  Hence why I was delighted to receive this sample size in my box.  Applied to dry skin, I really feel it melting away my make up, and being an oil it feels incredibly moisturising too.  Just one application leaves my skin feel clean and soft, though I do find I have to use it twice around my eyes if I have been wearing heavy mascara or eyeshadow, just to ensure everything is off.  And very much like the Botanics Microdermabrasion Polish, a little goes a long way, which I always find to be important in a product that is used daily.  Thankyou Glossybox for introducing me to another gem! Lets keep them coming :)

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment