Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Simply Pure Aqua Hydrating Serum






I had been keen to try a facial serum for some time as a contrast from my usual moisturiser.  My skin is totally chaotic, it's dry at times, oily at other times, prone to redness and the occasional spot, and it is also super sensitive.  Being a total novice when it comes to serums I honestly didn't have a clue which one to go for, and I felt a lot of serums available on the market were a little expensive. And to be honest, I didn't really fancy forking out much for something which I wasn't sure would work for me (I'm totally broke at the moment!)

However when picking up some essentials from Superdrug a few months ago, I was drawn to their Simply Pure range, and noticed that they offered several facial serums at a really affordable price. So I thought why not? And I am so glad I did. I'm currently on my second bottle and I totally love this product. It is moisturising whilst being incredibly light on the skin. It also absorbs really quickly and makes a great base for make-up.

The only downside about this product is its lack of SPF. As a result I usually wear it overnight, which really gives it chance to work into my skin (I also tend to go a bit OTT at night and slather loads on, but it does the job!), unless I'm opting to wear a foundation with SPF. It is also fragrance free, which isn't something I normally like (I'm a total sucker for sweet scents!) however it really isn't an issue, and since it is such a great product I can't complain.

For £4.49, it is also a steal.  I will definitely be picking up another when this one runs out!

S x 

4 comments:

  1. I have not tried this one - I have recently started my `find the perfect serum' quest and have started with a clinique one (purely because my mum gave it to me!)

    I see you like green tea - have you tried the jasmine one? its my fave

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog! How is the Clinique serum? Now I feel that my skin doesn't totally reject them I'm really keen to try out different brands and see how I get on with them. I haven't tried the jasmine one, I will give it a go! I'm currently addicted to Mango and Lychee flavour, god knows how many cups I get through a day!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the day moisturiser in the aqua hydrating range today but after reading quite a few reviews for the serum I'm thinking maybe this would have been a better option - my skin sounds similair to yours. Also I've just followed your blog! Fab review :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the follow, I really appreciate it! It's definately worth a try, being so cheap it also isn't a disaster if it doesn't work for you. I'm addicted to it! :) x

    ReplyDelete