Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Maybelline SuperStay Tint Gloss





10 hour tint gloss in Forever Coral


I'm a big lover of tinted lip products, particularly lip stain pens, because I love the look of having a hint of colour without the need to go for a really bold lip.  And I am pretty shy about wearing bold colours on my lips during the day purely because of my own insecurities (I don't really like drawing too much attention to myself!)  However I was on the hunt for a bright red lip pen to add to my collection.  Unfortunately the product I had my eye on the most, 17's Berry Crush lip tint pens, were pretty much sold out or the ones that were left were tatty and grimy, pretty grim and a bit unhygienic!  So I carried on browsing the make up aisles for something similar, until I came across Maybelline's SuperStay Tint glosses.  "They look interesting" I thought to myself, and proceeded to swatch a couple of the shades. 

Well what can I say. I can't believe I hadn't heard of this product before, not even on the television! It is absolutely what it says on the tube, a tint gloss. It is lightweight, smells super fruity and has just the right amount of shine without looking overly glossy. It also feels comfortable on the lips, and being a gloss, I find it doesn't dry my lips out.  The tint itself claims to last for 10 hours, something which I can't vouch for as I haven't really left it that long without reapplying. However what I do like is that the colour fades naturally, not in patches, and can be built up to create a more dramatic effect.  I also love the shape of the wand, it makes application really easy and even, something which I find can be a little difficult with tint pens (I end up having darker patches all over my lips!)

I will definitely be investing in the other shades available. And at £6.99, I think they are a really affordable product to add to your collection.

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment